Your Ad Here

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Asin in Trouble, Asin Faces Ban



Asin is in trouble and she is not atall happy. M.S. Dhoni's marriage may have put to an end to rumours of their alleged relationship, but South Indian beauty Asin, currently busy in Sri Lanka shooting for Anees Bazmee's Ready (remake of the Telugu hit Ready) with Salman Khan, is still in unhappy and in trouble. Why? A decision on her ban is expected from the South Indian Film Artistes' Association in a couple of days in Chennai. "I'm truly upset that certain political groups in Tamil Nadu are targetting me for my decision to shoot a film in Sri Lanka. How can I be targeted for this decision? Ready was supposed to be shot in Mauritius, Thailand and then, Goa. Till a few days before the shoot, I didn't even know the final destination. When I heard it was Sri Lanka, I did express my concern to the producer and the director. While they understood my predicament, they too couldn't change the shooting location because things had already been planned, she said to a leading English daily. "Art should not be politicised and actors shouldn't be made to bear the brunt of political animosity because we are truly ambassadors of peace. I'm making an effort to reach out to the troubled Tamil community in Sri Lanka and I think by being in their midst, I'm bringing a smile to their faces. I just hope others see this as a peace-building exercise," she added. Now it would be interesting to see how SIFCC reacts to Asin's Kollywood film Kaavalkaran with Vijay!

No comments:

Post a Comment